The Gadget Sense

The Gadget Sense

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Time to grab the Bull by the Horns

Growing up in the 90’ I saw the greatest player of all time and the greatest team ever assembly, the Chicago Bulls and Mr. Michael J.Jordan dominate the world of basketball. The Chicago Bulls won 6 tittles in eight years two “Three Peats” and a record that is going to be almost impossible to break, a 72-10 Regular season. I saw greatness thru my immature eyes and as a kid, I thought that mystic of the Bulls was a never-ending winning aura. With time, I became selfish and I want those Bulls to be great forever, but father time is undefeated and those super Bulls hit bottom after Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and Michael Jordan decide to keep their journeys separate ways. 


With a lot of money, salary cap and promising draft picks, the Bulls fail to regain the winning rout ,year after year. Crazy injuries and coaching staff changes almost made me forget , those Bulls I admire as a kid.

Then came young star, Derrick Rose, Chicago’s own, the savior of the team and the city with a decent team ,the number one draft pick made the Bulls a team to be reckoned with. Rose was the rookie of the year, and the year after was the MVP, becoming the youngest player to win this award at 22 years. 

The Bulls future was shining like his past, but Rose body took a different course.  In 2012 he tore the ACL in his left knee, and miss the rest of the playoffs and the next year. He made his comeback in 2013-2014 season and got hurt again, this time was the meniscus in his right knee.  The Bulls made the playoffs all this time with Rose sideline, developing stars like Joakim Noah, Jimmy Butler, and last season adding veteran superstar Pau Gasol. The Bulls limited Rose last year and pace him back to the team and got hurt again, but this time he made it back before the playoffs but lost to Lebron James and the Cavaliers in six games.




Now the Bulls have a lot of potential in their roster, and everything seems to be in place, but there’s this fear of Rose and his body; 
How long is going to last? Can he make it thru the season?  What type of Rose the Bulls are expecting this year? 
That being said, he got hurt in the first practice of this year. This time he sustained a left orbital bone fracture and he wont miss a lot of time. 

Is time to move on


I don’t know if the city has more tolerance because he is from Chicago? I don’t know if the Bulls forgot how bad they where after Jordan and Pippen left? I don’t know if they haven’t seen how, my team, Los Angeles Lakers are struggling to move forward after putting all their chips in Kobe Bryant

Gasol & Noah, aren’t getting any younger, and their team is very solid, in the eastern conference. But if I was the Bulls general manager I'll pull the plug and move on with the Derrick Rose experiment, and look for a point guard that can lead my team and is available for more that 20 minutes per game and 20 games per season. Availability goes over ability any day, and the Bulls just need a point guard available for them.


Don’t get me wrong, I miss "D-Rose" and I which him the best, his explosiveness & reckless way of attacking the rim,his awesome plays that spoil us four years ago are still fresh in my memory. But is time to grab the Bull by the horns and have more control of their own destiny and build the team around their new star Jimmy Butler and look for pieces to make him better for the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment